Calling all crime-solving detectives! Join us on a thrilling crime fiction journey in the fifth fantastic mystery in the Murder Most Unladylike series…
Daisy Wells and Hazel Wong are spending the Christmas hols in snowy Cambridge.
Little do they know that behind its twisting spires, cosy libraries and inviting tea rooms is a danger lurking in the dark stairwells in ancient Maudlin College.
Two nights before Christmas, there is a terrible accident. At least, it appears to be an accident - until the Detective Society look a little closer, and realise a murder has taken place.
Faced with several irritating grown-ups and fierce competition from a rival agency, they must use all their cunning and courage to find the killer - all in time for Christmas Day!
Here’s your chance to win the entire Murder Most Unladylike book series, plus your very own set of Detective Society pin badges!
Five runners up will each win a copy of Mistletoe and Murder - cool! To be in with a chance, simply answer the question at the bottom of this page. Good luck!
If you want to be a top crime-solver in Cambridge, you’ll need to make sure you’re down with the local lingo! Check out these snippets from Daisy’s Guide to Cambridge, which will help you in your investigations…
– a sort of trouser, quite baggy, that students wear. They are rather ridiculous.
– this is a word for a scholarly woman, who studies instead of getting married. Although I do not want to get married, I am not a Bluestocking. I am a detective.
– the name of the river that flows through Cambridge.
– the word for a professor or teacher at Cambridge, rather like a mistress for university students.
– a person who is set to inherit money. You say it like ‘air’ – which may well be all that some heirs get, if the older generations have blued all the family’s money.
– chemists have these in their shops. When you buy deadly poison you have to note your name down in a poison book, so there is a record in case you decide to kill someone with it.
– another way of saying spiffing or excellent.
Fancy putting your detective skills to the test? Make sure you download the special edition Murder Most Unladylike murder mystery game and solve the murder with your friends and family!
What is the name of the river that runs through Cambridge?