We've got 10 bear-illiant facts on these beautiful bears...
1. American black bears are found in Canada, Mexico and North America.
2. They mostly eat grasses, herbs and fruit, but will sometimes eat other things, including fish.
3. The black bear's coat has lots of layers of shaggy fur, which keeps it warm in cold winter months.
4. They may be called black bears, but their coat can be blue-gray or blue-black, brown and even sometimes white!
5. Their short claws make black bears expert tree climbers.
6. They may be large, but black bears can run up to 40kmph!
7. These big bears have a very good sense of smell and can often be seen standing on their hind legs, sniffing scents!
8. They usually live in forests but black bears are also found in mountains and swamps.
9. Black bears spend winter dormant in their dens, feeding on body fat they have built up over the summer and autumn.
10. They make their dens in caves, burrows or other sheltered spots. Sometimes they even make them in tree holes high above the ground!
Picture: © Tim Herbert