Here at NG Kids, we know how much our readers love reading about Ancient Egypt! Check out our five fab facts on the famous pharaoh, King Tutankhamun....
1. King Tut was nicknamed the Boy King because he began his reign when he was only nine years old!
2. Tutankhamun died when he was only 18, and his body was mummified, which is how the ancient Egyptians preserved their dead.
3. His golden coffin was buried in a tomb in the Valley Of The Kings (pictured below), surrounded by 5,000 priceless treasures.
4. These treasures included a golden throne, crown and cobra, pottery and big chests like the one pictured here...
5. Along with a golden burial mask, King Tut's sandals were also found in the tomb. These had paintings of his enemies on the soles - so everywhere the king went, he trampled all over his foes!
What do you think about Tutankhamun? Leave a comment below and let us know!
Check out the new issue of National Geographic Kids to find out more about ancient Egypt!