Some people are scared of creepy crawlies, others find them, well, a bit gross! Here at National Geographic Kids, we think they're awesome! Find out why with these 15 crazy facts about some of the world's most amazing insects...
1) A ladybird might eat more than 5,000 insects in its lifetime!
2) Fruit flies were the first living creatures to be sent into space.
3) Dragonflies have been on earth for 300 million years!
4) One dung beetle can drag 1,141 times its weight - that's like a human pulling six double-decker buses!
5) A single honeybee colony can produce around 100kg of honey each year - that's 220 jars!
6) An ant-eating assassin bug piles its victims onto its body to scare predators.
7) Large groups of fireflies sometimes flash in unison.
8) To breathe underwater, the water scorpion uses a snorkel-like tube on its abdomen.
9) Bulldog ants can leap seven times the length of their bodies!
10) Mosquitos are attracted to smelly feet!
11) Some male stoneflies do push-ups to attract a mate.
12) Grasshoppers have special organs in their hind legs that store energy for jumping.
13) The red postman butterfly develops its own poison by eating toxic plants!
14) A sea skater's leg hair traps air, enabling it to float on water.
15) Male giraffe weevils use their long necks to fight each other.